This article will show you how to use Pretty link to shorten your website address.
Ok so you want shorten your website address so it doesn’t look something like this www.yourwebsite.com/ljklkjsfojoejojeojoaijsodfja;lksdjfljlkj
If you want it to look something like this, www.yourwebsite.com/yourbusiness
then you can use a plugin like pretty link to shorten the URL address and make your link more readable and easy to remember.
If you do this it will provide 2 main benefits from Pretty link–
- Will keep your link nice and clean and provide the search engines an easier way to find you
- It will keep you from getting penalized by the major search engines for a “Bounce”
You see Google wants to keep things tidy and nice and clean. Google also wants to make sure that your website or blog provides relevant content when someone comes to your page. If you have a person who clicks on your site and quickly decides to leave your site. That is bad and considered a bounce off of your page.
If you have too many bounces off your page then the bounce rate will be considered too high and your website will suffer.
Now this is where you want to think of Pretty link to save your website!
PAY ATTENTION HERE- ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE AN AFFILIATE OF ANYTHING!!!!!!
Ok here is the deal. You want your content to be found on the internet. So you must be able to RANK on the search engines.
If you are unable to rank on the search engines like Yahoo, Google and Bing, then you are wasting your time and will not be making any of the traffic goals that you would like to achieve.
So if you are an affiliate to some program and you should be if you are going to talk about them, good or bad. As an affiliate you can use your blog to be the platform where you mention products and services and give reviews and things and people will wind up buying what you are talking about.
Here is where you need Pretty link. —– If you list your Affiliate URL link on your webpage and drive traffic from your blog to your affiliate link, GOOGLE WILL COUNT THAT AS A BOUNCE!
That means that Google will look at your user and see that they spent just a little time on your site, (in this case doing exactly what you wanted them to do which is go to your affiliate site and purchase, BUT Google will penalize you for having someone who left that quickly.
Pretty link will help you avoid getting a “bounce” from your page.
“Pretty Link” will be the way for you to create a link that Google see’s as connected to your website and therefore not a bounce off of your page.
In the video I show you how to create a link but let me show you an example first.
I am marketing Protandim, the only Nrf2 activator on the market and so I want people to go to my http://www.proactivelongevity.com website and purchase products and become distributors.
So HERE IS WHERE ALMOST EVERYONE MAKES THE MISTAKE! You want people to go to your affiliate link but you want Google to be happy in the process so when you send them away from your site make it look like it’s still connected to your site.
So my blog is http://www.dustinslade.com/ I can go into the dashboard and choose the pretty links plugin on the left side of the screen. From there I can click on the link and I will be taken to a screen to create a new pretty link.
Pretty Link is Pretty darn easy all in all.
- You are going to take the link where you want people to go, in my case http://www.proactivelongevity.com and put it in the “Target URL*” box.
- Next remove the characters in the “Pretty Link” box below it and make the link name the you would like, preferably to the product or solution that you are trying to offer or sell. ProactiveLongevity.com sells Protandim and True Science. So I could use the name that is already there http://dustinslade.com and then add the word Protandim making the Pretty link become http://dustinslade.com/Protandim
- This new Pretty Link that you created will send people to whatever affiliate site that you have and you will not be penalized.
You put in your target URL that you want to use and then create the new link that you wanted to use. So that way I can use Pretty link to create the link showing Google it came from my site.
Pretty link is not the only program to cloak or hide your URL’s but it is certainly one of the easiest. It will keep your website or blog in high standing and keep all that hard work you did to last for your ranking.
Pretty Link Pro is quite a step up from the Lite option. Both are simple to use and the Pro version is a great tool to have in your blog toolbox. At a simple $37 it is hard to beat the Pro Version for a cool one time fee will get you-
- No Monthly fees
- LIFETIME Updates and Premium Support
- Members Only training area
- 30-day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
The Pretty Link Pro Blogger version is perfect if you have one website but there is also a Developer version that is made for someone who has several sites and is $97 it has
- Unlimited number of websites and client websites to use on
- Cloak or Shrink links using your domain name
- Lifetime Updates and Support
- Training Area access
- No Monthly Fees
- Perfect for Developers to shrink or cloak links for themselves and or clients
- 30 day money back Guarantee
So you see Pretty link is pretty much the bomb.
Even at its max price of $97 for life it’s still cheap and you can even try the free version first just to see if you like it and it will work with your blog well.
I know it will. It is such a simple and clean plugin that you will never regret the small amount you invested in Pretty Link to grow your business in a Pretty Huge way!
If you have any questions please contact me directly.
IF YOU WOULD PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE THIS ARTICLE I WOULD THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! LIKE, TWEET AND SHARE WITH YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA TODAY.
Dustin Coleman Slade
Work With Me – Protandim and True Science, now Canine Protandim